(blĕs'ĭng) n. Something promoting or contributing to happiness, well-being, or prosperity; a boon

Monday, June 8, 2009

In the beginning . . .

My day started out better than normal. I actually got up after only three snoozes . . . showered, ate breakfast, read my e-mail, and had a little time to spare before work.

When I arrived at work, there were a couple of emergency vehicles at the end of the block and my co-worker (she generally opens on Mondays) was walking out of the library. I parked and got out of the car (with my umbrella -- because it was pouring).

I was told that we would be unable to open the library because a construction crew a block away (tearing down the old junior high school building) had hit a gas line and they didn't want anyone in the area.

So I went home to wait.


(Photo courtesy of Kari)

The library opened 2 hours late . . . quite the interesting beginning to my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment