(blĕs'ĭng) n. Something promoting or contributing to happiness, well-being, or prosperity; a boon

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Browser tune-ups

I almost always use Mozilla Firefox as my internet browser -- just my personal preference -- and there are a couple add-ons that I like a lot:

1) Read it later

I love this feature. I am always finding stuff I don't have time to look at right now but I will never find it again or will clutter up my bookmarks and never get deleted.

I just right click on links on my page and choose read it later -- voila -- it is saved in my read it later folder for when I have hours to spend doing nothing. Ha. Okay a couple minutes is all I can spare but I can still read through a couple links and then either bookmark it or ditch it!

2) Smart Bookmarks Bar

I like the clutter-free convenience of this add-on. (My roommate showed me this one.) It condenses the bookmarks you keep on your Bookmarks Bar into their representative icons. When you move your mouse over the bookmark the button expands and allows you to see the entire label.

I can fit a whole lot more bookmarks on my Bookmark bar now. But only if they are really special!

No comments:

Post a Comment