(blĕs'ĭng) n. Something promoting or contributing to happiness, well-being, or prosperity; a boon

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Snowfall silence

I got off of work this evening and as I was getting into my car I thought I saw a snowflake. I slammed my door shut and held very, very still.

It was a snowflake!

After, our "measurable" snowfall last week, all the snow melted and we were back to dreary winter brown. All the leaves have fallen, the grass is no longer green, and everything is, well, brown.

The snow continued to sprinkle down. I had to stop at the grocery store on the way home and stock up. When I walked out of the store the snow was coming down harder and my car had a lovely white dusting.

This is my favorite kind of snowfall -- gently falling. And there is a snowfall silence about me.

No comments:

Post a Comment