(blĕs'ĭng) n. Something promoting or contributing to happiness, well-being, or prosperity; a boon

Monday, November 26, 2007

Back in the swing of things

So I had a great Thanksgiving holiday. The sister was here from NY -- she is back in NY, left this morning. We had a good time. And it is only three weeks until she will be home again--and the brother too!

I am getting back into the Christmas season--after the Thanksgiving break. (In fact, I am listening to Christmas music as I post this!) I put away my fall decorations, sad as they were:


And started putting up my Christmas decorations. All of my nativity scenes (one from my Gramma, one from my Grammy and one I got for Christmas one year from my mom!)


And, I got my Christmas tree and put it up with lights.

BEFORE: It's even beautiful without any decorations!

AFTER: ::Sigh:: Pretty.

Tomorrow, I will be putting up my outdoor lights (hopefully) and decorating my tree. In the mean time I will have to walk around the boxes of decorations! Such trials! :-)

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful tree. I would love to have a real tree, but with Brandon's allergies it would probably not work so well. I am hopping to start putting up some decorations today.
    I am having the family over to my house this year for Christmas. I am looking forward to it. It will give me a good chance to use those Christmas dishes that I have and get my house in tip top shape.
    Well happy decorating.
    Renee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, did you guys have a good Thanksgiving? I was thinking about you!

    ReplyDelete