(blĕs'ĭng) n. Something promoting or contributing to happiness, well-being, or prosperity; a boon

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Butterflies & Nurse Sharks

The second stop in Key West was the Key West Butterfly & Nature Conservatory. Which was the brother's absolute favorite part of the entire trip, especially since everyone walked out of it with this on their shoulder:


Ha, just kidding. He was somewhat indifferent. I, on the other hand, went camera crazy. And as I am not camera adept I did delete many of my attempts at butterfly photography. Here are some of the better photos.

This was the very first one we encountered. Pretty, huh?



This one opens up to be a beautiful blue color (the video below will show that) . If I was this butterfly's enemy I would easily be thwarted, as I didn't realize that this one and the beautiful blue butterflies I couldn't seem to get a photo of were the same butterfly. Yeah, that's me. I catch on real quick.

These photos (and the incredibly shaky video below) can not convey the experience. There were literally hundreds of butterflies (and some birds) in the conservatory. Fluttering around. It would be a great place for kids! Even big kids like me!

Okay, I am going to show you the video. You can't laugh, it is my first attempt at filming. Probably not my last, despite every indication that I will NEVER be a camera person.

Honestly, every time I look at this video I shake my head a little harder. But please try to ignore the camera handling and focus on the butterflies.



And one more:




Then there was a turtle off to the left of a footbridge.


And another butterfly.


There really isn't a lot of commentary to go with these photos and videos. The Butterfly Conservatory was more of an experience.


Tomorrow, sharkey's coming to visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment