(blĕs'ĭng) n. Something promoting or contributing to happiness, well-being, or prosperity; a boon

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

In my own backyard

When I worked at the motel, I found it ironic that many of the guests were vacationing here and seeing the sites. I think of vacationing as going to New York City or Wyoming or someplace facinating or unusual.

I guess it is all a matter of perspective.

Anyway, this past weekend Mom, the roommate and I did the tourist thing and visited one of the state historic sites -- Montauk.

If you are ever in northeast Iowa, I definitely recommend this attraction. It has beautiful grounds, a great tour, and nice walking trails (although we didn't have the shoes to walk them this time).

And here is the best part: it is FREE!

A little taste . . .

Front Door

Parlor/Main Living Area

Library

No comments:

Post a Comment