(blĕs'ĭng) n. Something promoting or contributing to happiness, well-being, or prosperity; a boon

Friday, May 29, 2009

The big 5-0-0

This post is number 500 since I started this blog in June of 2007. It really doesn't seem as if it has been that long. I have been blogging every weekday excluding some holidays and the occasional "oopsie."

So how this blog affected my life (and let's make it 5 things!):

  1. I am getting better at putting my thoughts into words. I think this is something I will always have to work on. I'm an introvert so I think about a lot of things. It is hard for me to convert those thoughts into something that is understood by the greater population -- if only your brain worked like mine . . . :-) heehee

  2. I am taking time to stop and smell the roses. Blogging forces me to stop and think about the things that are going on in my life instead of simply living and leaving them.

  3. I am learning more about myself. Again with the thinking! This blog has created a different way for me to view myself -- and internet mirror, if you will. Okay -- bad metaphor.

  4. I started a new habit, yes I do have that ability -- creating a new habit. I can think of a couple more habits I should start. And I wouldn't mind the ability to fly either.

  5. I have photos of my life. (I think my digital camera also helped me with this one.) From about freshman year of college to about three years ago I have very little documentation that I was living on this planet other that my yearly tax returns. I don't take photos just to add them to my blog but I have to admit that I think about which photos I could/should post while I take pictures.
I'm sure there are more ways that blogging has impacted my life. However, I am just about ready to fall into that oblivion of sleep and I really don't think I can keep my brain functioning much longer. So . . .

Happy 500 "A Mess of Blessings"!

No comments:

Post a Comment