(blĕs'ĭng) n. Something promoting or contributing to happiness, well-being, or prosperity; a boon

Monday, June 18, 2007

My dad

My dad is the epitome of the "strong silent" type. He isn't a small talker but when he has something to say it is usually of some import. (And usually with a smile.) And I inherited my sense of humor from him . . . which I think is a great inheritance. He is definitely strong . . . a farmer (and I think that all fathers are strong -- at least to their daughters).

I think one of the best memories I have of my dad is when I was very little. Maybe four or five. I remember sitting on his lap at church on Sunday morning. My head laying on his chest as I listened to the rumble of him singing hymns and gazed at the stained glass window over his shoulder. sigh. Good memory.

Anyway, Happy Father's Day, Dad!

1 comment:

  1. When are you going to write about cleo so I can make fun of her? By the way I'm dad's favorite:)

    ReplyDelete