(blĕs'ĭng) n. Something promoting or contributing to happiness, well-being, or prosperity; a boon

Thursday, November 6, 2008

A regular Miss Fix-it

I am not the most handy of persons. I am not mechanically minded. I don't have much practical sense.

But I can follow directions and I am quick to catch onto something I am shown how to do.

So when I am able to fix my vacuum cleaner with no assistance I consider it to be a red letter day.

Today is a red letter day!! Yeah.

Of course, for me to fix the vacuum I had to have broken it first. But I will ignore that minuscule detail and focus on the BIG picture here:

Today I unscrewed four screws from the bottom panel of my vacuum, put a new belt on to the thingy (heehee -- I never claimed to know the correct fix-it vocabulary) and then re-screwed the four screws into the bottom panel of my vacuum.

TaDa! It works.

A little joy in my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment