(blĕs'ĭng) n. Something promoting or contributing to happiness, well-being, or prosperity; a boon

Monday, May 24, 2010

Apparently, summer has arrived

Today, I was grateful that I work at a job that has air conditioning!  It was hot enough that the school kids got dismissed from school early -- and tomorrow is the last day of school.

The house is full of hot pets.  There a hot dog panting on the couch and a hot cat sprawled in the bedroom.

I am beginning to think that events in my life are beginning to slow down a bit. Well, they are either slowing or I am getting used to the fast pace . . .

I am still interim director at the library but I am hoping to be relieved of that position by the end of August.  I have finished teaching adult computer classes until next fall.

The next big thing is Vacation Bible School -- starting a week from tomorrow.

But there are some exciting things coming up this summer too: a couple of new little ones are due to arrive to friends,  planning a baby shower, moving to the new church building.  And this fall, I am hoping to visit the brother in Florida and go to a cousin's wedding in Boston.

Out there things can happen and frequently do to people as brainy and footsy as you. And when things start to happen, don’t worry. Don’t Stew. Just go right along. You’ll start happening too. ~"Oh the Places You'll Go" by Dr. Seuss

1 comment: